|3 cups || ||all-purpose flour|
|2-1/2 tsp. || ||baking powder|
|3/4 tsp. || ||baking soda|
|1/3 cup || ||buttermilk|
|3 || ||large eggs, lightly beaten|
|3/4 cup || ||Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil|
|2 cups || ||ripe bananas (4-5), mashed|
|1/2 tsp. || ||Sea salt or kosher salt|
|1-1/3 cups || ||sugar|
|1-1/2 tsp. || ||vanilla|
|Chocolate Glaze |
|3 oz. || ||bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|1 Tbsp. || ||Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil|
|1/2 cup || ||bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|1 tsp. || ||cinnamon|
|1/4 cup || ||dark brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp. || ||unsweetened cocoa|
|1/2 cup || ||walnuts, chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Oil a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan.
2. To prepare filling, blend walnuts, chocolate, sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. To prepare cake batter, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to blend. Combine buttermilk, olive oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a second large bowl and whisk to blend. Add mashed bananas to liquid mixture and stir. Pour liquid mixture into bowl of dry ingredients. Stir just until blended (do not over mix).
4. Spoon one third of cake batter into prepared Bundt pan and sprinkle with half of filling mixture. Spoon another layer of cake batter into the pan, using half of the remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining filling mixture. Cover filling with remaining cake batter. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 min., until a wooden pick inserted into cake is free of batter.
5. To prepare chocolate glaze, melt chocolate in a double boiler and stir in olive oil. Allow glaze to cool and thicken slightly.
6. Pour glaze over top of Bundt cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Allow glaze to set before serving.