Avocado-Cilantro Stacked Black Bean Hummus
- Pita chips
- 1 medium jalapeno, stem removed
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- Place the Pompeian Grapeseed Oil, Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic cloves, salt and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Secure lid and puree until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- To remaining mixture in blender, add the beans and onion. Secure with lid and puree until smooth.
- Place the black bean mixture in a shallow pan, such as a glass pie pan, spoon the reserved cilantro mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, top with the avocado, and tomatoes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro. Serve with pita chips.