Salmon Cakes with Corn and Avocado Salsa
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt or kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large ear of corn
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1-1/2 lb. salmon fillet
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup wheat bran flakes, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Line a baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Place salmon fillet on pan, skin-side down. Rub 1 Tbsp. of Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil into fleshy side of salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 min., until cooked through; allow to cool.
- To make salsa, cook corn in salted boiling water for five minutes. Drain and cool. Combine remaining salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Cut corn from ear and add to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss well.
- Increase oven temperature to 400˚ F. Reline baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Remove skin of salmon and flake the flesh. Transfer to a large bowl and add green onions, cilantro, egg, bread crumbs, mustard, hot pepper sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Divide mixture into six equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball, then flatten slightly like a pancake. Mix bran flakes with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Coat each salmon cake with crushed bran flakes and arrange them on prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 min.
- To serve, spoon equal amounts of salsa onto each of six plates, top with a salmon cake and serve with a lime wedge.