Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Mediterranean Salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Chicken: Combine Pompeian Grapeseed Oil, Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Trim the chicken breasts if necessary, and slice into cutlets about 3/4-inch thick. Place in a non-reactive bowl (plastic, ceramic, or glass) and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix to ensure the chicken is well coated. Cover and marinate for at least an hour, or overnight. Grill the chicken breasts until fully cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
2. Salsa: Combine the artichoke hearts, capers, sun dried tomatoes, olives, peppers, and parsley in a medium-sized bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar and Pompeian Grapeseed Oil. Pour over the salsa and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
3. Arrange the chicken on an oven-proof plate or platter. Spoon the salsa over top of the chicken. Garnish with crumbled feta if desired. Warm in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes if desired, or serve cold.