Balsamic Beets and Goat Cheese Toasts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a sheet pan. Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, turning once, until toasted. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine goat cheese and heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer whip the goat cheese until smooth, set aside.
- Remove the beet greens and rinse clean. Gently pat dry with a paper towel. Stack the leaves and roll up into a cigar, then using a knife cut into ribbons, set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler peel 2 beets and rinse clean. Using a mandolin shave the beets into thin rounds. Stack the beet rounds and using a knife cut into ribbons, set aside.
- Heat a skillet with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add beet greens, garlic, and 1 Tablespoon of Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar to the skillet. Sprinkle the green with salt and cook them for 2 minutes or until bright green and just wilted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet add a drizzle of Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, beets, and Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar. Sauté for 2 minutes or until beets are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Spread goat cheese on the toasts. Top with beet greens, beets, and chopped candied walnuts.
Author: The Noshery