Bruschetta with Roasted Veggies
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
- 6-8 mini bell peppers
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. crumbled feta
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Arrange peppers on a baking sheet and lightly spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Place peppers in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, turning once. Add in the tomatoes and roast for another 5-7 minutes or just until tomatoes begin to burst. Remove the veggies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Spray the baking sheet again with the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Arrange bread slices on the sheet and then spray the tops of the bread with the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Toast bread in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden; turning at least once.
- For the whipped feta, beat together the cream cheese and the feta cheese. Add in the heavy cream and beat until creamy.
- When the veggies have cooled, place the tomatoes in a bowl. Slice the peppers and add them to the tomatoes. Add in the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vinegar, garlic and salt; toss to coat.
- To assemble, spread the whipped feta on cooled bread slices. Top the bread evenly with the roasted veggies.
Author: Lemons for Lulu