Creamy Baba Ganoush
- 2 pounds eggplant, halved lengthwise (approximately 2 large globe eggplants)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain, full-fat yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons- 1⁄4 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To garnish: minced parsley, Aleppo pepper flakes, black sesame seeds, flaky sea salt
- Heat the oven broiler to high.
- Place the eggplant cut side down on a baking sheet; prick all over with a knife or fork. Broil, flipping once, until skin is charred and eggplant is tender, 20–25 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant to a colander set over a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let cool; peel.
- Meanwhile, place the lemon juice, tahini, and garlic in a food processor; let sit for at least 10 minutes. Add the reserved eggplant, yogurt, salt, and pepper; pulse until slightly smooth and transfer to a shallow dish.
- Using a spoon, make a well on the surface; drizzle with the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil then top with desired garnishes.
Author: This Mess is Ours