Curried Carrot & Cashew Dip
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled & cut into similar sized pieces, baby carrots work great for this
- 1 small red onion, peeled & quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, in skin
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- coarse kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup vegan “chicken” broth or veg broth
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Natural Greek-style (thick) yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, toasted & chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- red pepper flakes, Maldon salt flakes, black pepper
- edible flowers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the carrots, red onions, & garlic into an even layer. Spray the vegetables with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray until coated, about 1 tablespoon worth. Toss gently. Sprinkle with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 – 35 min until tender & lightly charred in places, stirring once halfway through. Allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the carrots, onions, peeled garlic cloves, soaked cashews, 3/4 cup of the broth and lime juice in the carafe of a high speed blender. Process on high, scraping down the sides until smooth, adding more broth 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary to reach a smooth texture.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, cashews, cilantro, red pepper flakes, Maldon salt, pepper and edible flowers if desired.
RECIPE NOTE: To toast the cashews spread them evenly on a small baking sheet and place in the oven during the last 5 minutes of the vegetables cook time.
Source: This Mess Is Ours