Epic Floral Cheese Platter
For the Cheese Platter
- 2-3 cheeses (I used brie, smoked cheddar, and feta)
- 1 baguette
- 1 box crackers (I suggest a fruit and nut cracker)
- 2-3 kinds of fruit (I used cherries, oranges and peaches)
- 1-2 kinds of vegetables (I used carrots and radishes)
- Edible flowers, for garnish
For the Rose Water Pickles
- 1 English cucumber, sliced in to 1/4" rounds
- 1 bunch small radishes, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rose water
For the Lavender Honey
- ½ tablespoon dried lavender buds
- ½ cup honey
For the Chamomile Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile (sub 4-5 chamomile tea bags)
For the Orange Blossom Chia Jam
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Rose Water Pickles
- Add radishes and cucumber slices to jars, leaving about 1" of space at the top of the jar. Set aside.
- In a small pot heat water, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Pompeian White Wine Vinegar, cane sugar, sea salt, and rose water over medium-high heat until boiling - stirring occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat and pour liquid over radishes and cucumbers until covering completely.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for another hour.
Orange Blossom Chia Jam
- Add all ingredients - minus chia seeds - to a small sauce pot, heat over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a jar and mix in chia seeds. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least another hour. (The jam will be much thicker if allowed to chill overnight.)
- In a small pot add honey and dried lavender. Heat over medium-high heat until bubbling, stirring often.
- Once bubbling, take off heat, and transfer to a jar. Let cool for 20-30 minutes. Stir before serving. (Optional: you can strain the lavender out before serving.)
Chamomile Olive Oil
- Add Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and dried chamomile to a small pot. Heat over medium-low heat just until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, take off heat and transfer to a jar along with dried chamomile. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. (Optional: you can strain the chamomile out before serving.)
Assemble the Cheese Platter
- Assemble your platter with cheese, bread, crackers, fruit, vegetables, rose water pickles, orange blossom chia jam, lavender honey, and chamomile olive oil. Garnish with edible flowers.
Author: Brewing Happiness