Floral Tomato & Artichoke Pesto Flatbread
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole-wheat flatbreads, store-bought or homemade
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 package mixed edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, add basil, walnuts, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until the basil and walnuts are finely minced.
- Divide the pesto between the two flatbreads and spread evenly. Top with tomato slices and artichoke hearts.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes and artichoke hearts are crispy on the edges. If desired, broil on high for 1-2 minutes for extra crispiness.
- Arrange the edible flowers on the flatbreads and drizzle with Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Author: Emilie Eats