Herb Focaccia Bread
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2½ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary)
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup warm water
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Add garlic and herbs and stir until well dispersed.
2. Next, add in your Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and water and you are ready to start mixing your bread dough.
3. Using your stand mixer to mix together your dough with the dough hook attachment. When it comes together and is not super sticky, and pulls away from the side of your bowl, you know that it is ready. The dough should be soft and pliable and not sticky to the touch. (I add a few drops of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil to my mixing bowl afterwards to make sure that it does not stick to the sides as it is rising.)
4.Cover with plastic wrap and set it aside in a non-drafty spot for 30 minutes.
5. After the 30 minutes are up, take your dough and turn it out onto a greased cookie sheet that has sides. Let it rest for just a few minutes.
6. After it has set for a few minutes, start spreading it around the pan with your hands to get it even.
7. Then use your fingertips to press holes into your dough to make divets.
8. While your oven is preheating to 425 degrees, take your olive oil and brush it onto the top of your bread dough.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it comes out nice and brown.
10. Once it comes out, mix together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and brush on the top of your bread.
11. Let it rest for about 15 minutes then serve with your favorite meal.
Author: Mrs. Happy Homemaker