Italian Grilled Cheese Panini
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil or OlivExtra
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 slices Italian bread, such as Panella round
- 4-6 basil leaves
- 8 slices provolone cheese
1. Brush the 4 slices of bread liberally on one side with the Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil. Top two of the bread slices with 4 slices of cheese, 2 slices of tomato, 2-3 basil leaves, and the Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread, oiled side up.
2. Heat a large skillet, griddle or panini maker*, and place the sandwiches on it. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until toasted golden. Flip sandwiches over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Cut in half and serve immediately.
*If using a Panini maker, there is no need to flip the sandwiches over.