Mediterranean Prosciutto Rolls
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut in strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian OlivExtra Plus
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian White Balsamic Vinegar Pomegranate Infused
- 3 Tbsp. light cream cheese, tub style, softened
- 8 large, thin slices of prosciutto
1. Combine peppers, Pompeian White Balsamic Vinegar Pomegranate Infused, and 1 Tbsp. of the Pompeian OlivExtra Plus in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, stir in couscous, reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork and spread on a sheet of foil in a thin layer. Let stand 5-7 minutes or until cool.
3. Combine couscous, cream cheese, basil, remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil, and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Drain peppers, discarding oil/vinegar mixture.
4. Place 1 prosciutto slice on cutting board; cut in half crosswise. Spread 1 Tbsp. couscous mixture in center of each slice, top with a pepper slice and gently roll to form a log. Cut in half and place on a serving platter, and repeat with remaining prosciutto slices. May be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve chilled or at room temperature.