Olive Bread Dough
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1/4 tsp. raw granulated sugar
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup cool water
- 1/2 cup pitted black oil-cured olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Combine the warm water, yeast and sugar in a 2-cup liquid measurer and let sit for 15 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble.
2. In the workbowl of a food processor fitted with the dough blade, combine the flour and salt. With the machine running, add the liquid ingredients plus cool water slowly through the feed tube and process until the dough forms a ball. Continue processing for another 30 seconds.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured wooden surface and flatten slightly into a disc. Top with the olives, roll up and form into a ball. Oil your bowl with Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place the ball in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.