Roasted Vegetable and Fresh Tomato Salsa with Pita Wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut in eighths
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup Pompeian OlivExtra Plus
- 1/4 tsp. dried pepper flakes
- 2 medium red bell peppers or 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 2 whole garlic cloves, halved crosswise, optional
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 whole wheat or white pita bread rounds, cut in eighths, and separated
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers, onion, and squash on a foil-lined large baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons of Pompeian OlivExtra Plus and arrange vegetables in a single layer.
- Broil 7 minutes, stir and broil 7 minutes more, or until richly browned on edges. Remove from broiler, place vegetables on cutting board and let stand 5 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Cut each pita into 8 wedges, separate each wedge, (making 16 wedges per round). Arrange pita wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet (discarding foil) and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, remaining Pompeian OlivExtra Plus, Pompeian Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, lime juice, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Chop the roasted vegetables, stir into the tomato mixture. Season with salt.
- Bake pita wedges 3 minutes or until slightly crisp. Repeat with remaining pita wedges. Cool completely. Lightly rub with garlic, if desired. Serve with salsa.