Shredded Russet Potato, Onion And Garlic Rosti
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and mashed through a garlic press
- 2 large russet potatoes, about 1-1/2 lbs.
- 3 Tbsp. onion, very finely grated
- 4 Tbsp. Pompeian OlivExtra
- Peel the potatoes and shred them either with a four-sided grater or with a food processor fitted with the shredder attachment. Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the Pompeian OlivExtra oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and press down on them lightly with a spatula to flatten into a large even disc. Cook for 15 minutes or until nicely browned. Invert the rosti onto a large plate. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and slide the rosti back into the skillet. Again press evenly with a spatula and continue to cook for 10 to 15 longer or until nicely browned. The rosti should be nice and crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt and a large grinding of black pepper and serve warm, cut into wedges.