Stuffed Fig with Ricotta & Balsamic Glaze
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3-4 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar (cane, coconut, or maple syrup will all work!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound purple figs
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- Place oven on low broil.
- In a small saucepan, add Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until glaze has thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or high-speed blender, add cashews, almond milk, sugar, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Slice figs in half; place on a baking sheet. Top each half with a dollop of the ricotta mixture. Broil for 2-3 minute, until the figs are bubbly.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with chopped walnuts.
Author: Emilie Eats