Sweet Potato Ravioli with Walnut Sauce
- Sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 medium fresh sage leaves
- 12-oz. package of won ton wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretti cookies, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp. sweet butter
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Split cooked potatoes in half, scoop out flesh, and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a fork and add Pompeian Marsala Cooking Wine, Amaretti cookies, Parmesan cheese, and salt, to taste.
- Line two trays with wax or parchment paper.
- For ravioli, spoon one level Tbsp. of sweet potato filling onto the center of a won ton wrapper. Lightly moisten the edge with water and fold the wrapper in half diagonally, forming a triangle. Transfer ravioli to prepared tray. Continue making ravioli, using all of the sweet potato filling. Keep ravioli covered with plastic wrap. Reserve any left over wrappers to use at another time.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add salt to taste and 1 Tbsp. of Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the Pompeian Classic Pure Olive Oil and butter in a skillet until butter has melted. Add garlic and sage leaves. Sauté until garlic is golden and butter has begun to brown. Stir in walnuts and remove skillet from heat.
- Cook half of the ravioli at a time in boiling water for 3-4 min., until tender. Remove ravioli from the pot, using a large skimmer or strainer. Transfer to a large platter. Spoon half of the walnut sauce over ravioli and sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Cook the other half the same way. Dress with remaining walnut sauce and cheese. Garnish with extra shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.