Tuscan Seven Layer Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend
- 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 (14 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, salt and herbs; stir until smooth. Spread mixture on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized skillet placed over medium heat and add in the sliced onion. Cook the onion until soft and golden in color, this should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Add Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar to the onions, stir and heat until the vinegar evaporates. Remove the onions from heat and allow them to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the beans, garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Pulse until combined. With the motor running, stream in the remaining 4 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil until the beans are smooth and creamy.
- Spread the bean mixture over the cream cheese.
- Chop the caramelized onions into bite-sized pieces and arrange them over the beans. Top onions, with olives, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle chopped basil over the top.
Author: Lemons for Lulu