Baked Pear and Apple Fries
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cut the apple and pear into small fry-shaped pieces and add them to a bowl along with the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and vanilla. Thoroughly coat the fries.
- In a small bowl mix together both sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fries and then mix with a spoon until well coated.
- Place the apples and pears into an iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Author: A Zesty Bite