Chocolate Ganache Cakes
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Koroneiki Varietal Olive Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease twelve 4-ounce ramekins or aluminum foil molds with the softened butter. Dust with cocoa powder and tap out the excess.
Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double broiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Whisk in the Pompeian Koroneiki Varietal Olive Oil and remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until well mixed. Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter. Sift the cake flour over the top and fold it in.
Divide the batter among the ramekins, filling them no more than three quarters full. Arrange them on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the baking sheet around and bake for another 4 to 6 minutes, just until the edges of the cake look set and have pulled slightly away from the sides of the ramekins but the centers are still slightly liquid; do not overbake.
Turn each cake out on a plate and serve immediately.