Cranberry Walnut Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (OR) 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously coat a Bundt pan with Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil.
In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a handheld mixer until light and slightly increased in volume. Add the sugar slowly while continuing to beat. The mixture will become light and fluffy. Add the Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil and vanilla extract and beat another 2 minutes.
Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the batter, beating between additions. Gently fold in the chopped nuts and cranberries.
Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
Bake at 350° F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then invert the pan onto rack to remove and cool completely.