Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Sheet Cake
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- optional garnishes: powdered sugar, Meyer lemon zest, dried sweetened lemon rings
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8” x 12” x 2”-inch pan with Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugars, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, milk, eggs, Meyer lemon zest, juice, and Limoncello. Add the dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 – 75 minutes, until the top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely, 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon zest right before serving.
Source: This Mess Is Ours