Olive Oil and Lemon Zucchini Cookies
For the Cookies:
- ½ cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup finely shredded zucchini
- 2 lemons, zested
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 ¼ cups flour
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 3 baking sheets and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sugar (mixture will not be creamy).
- Mix in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in zucchini, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Slowly beat in flour, one cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place drops of batter on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched.
- Allow cookies to rest for two minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before covering in the glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and cream until glaze is thick and creamy. Dip the tops of each cookie into the glaze. Allow the glaze to set before storing cookies.
Author: Lemons for Lulu