Olive Oil Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, separated
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk (or dark) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda with 1 tablespoon of hot water until smooth.
- Add that mixture to the bowl along with both extracts.
- Add in the cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and flour. Beat until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the batter for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees convection bake (or 350 degrees regular bake). The dough will be sticky, but do you best to roll large even-sized balls of dough.
- Place 6 balls of dough on a parchment paper lined tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and top is no longer glossy. Be very careful to not over-bake these cookies.
- Remove the cookies, press a few more chocolate chips on top and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt evenly over the cookies. Add more as desired.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the sheet pan and then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.
Source: Chelsea’s Messy Apron