Peach Olive Oil Cupcakes With Lavender Mascarpone Frosting
For the cupcakes
- ⅓ cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup peach jam
- 2 peaches, pitted and chopped into
- ¼-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced, to garnish
For the frosting
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, finely ground
- 8 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. mascarpone, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sugar until well combined, about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Add in the egg. Mix again for 4 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add a third of the flour mixture to the batter, then half of the milk. Repeat another third of the flour and the remainder of the milk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the remaining flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold the jam into the batter. Toss the peaches with the remaining tablespoon of flour, then fold into the batter as well.
- Fill the muffin tins until they are ⅔ full. Bake until golden and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
- Combine the dried lavender, butter, and mascarpone in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until combined, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on high speed for 4-5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes as desired.
- Garnish with peaches if desired.
Author: Eats Well With Others