Pumpkin Chia Olive Oil Cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your pumpkin puree, Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey and chia seeds until smooth and combined.
- Add in your eggs one at a time, whisking in between until each is well combined.
- Add in your all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until combined, not until smooth. Don't overmix!
- Grease a circular baking pan with more olive oil. Pour your batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and top with yogurt, honey and pepitas.
Fall finally has the PERFECT cake! This Pumpkin Chia Olive Oil Cake is naturally sweetened, rich with olive oil flavor, and packed with superfoods!
Author: Brewing Happiness