Raspberry Hibiscus Shrub
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus leaves
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Apple Cide Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raspberry hibiscus shrub
- Sparkling water
- Optional garnishes: raspberries, preserved hibiscus flowers
- In a large mason jar combine the raspberries, hibiscus leaves, and sugar. Seal tightly and shake well to ensure that the sugar coats all of the fruit. Place the jar in the refrigerator for 2-3 days shaking a few times a day until the fruit has broken down and become syrupy. There will be some sugar left in the syrup. The vinegar will dissolve it.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the solids with a wooden spoon to remove all of the liquid. Discard the solids.
- Transfer the raspberry hibiscus syrup to a clean jar and add the Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Secure the lid and shake to combine. Store sealed tightly in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Fill a glass with ice and add 2 tablespoons Raspberry Hibiscus Shrub. Top with sparkling water and desired garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
Author: This Mess Is Ours
This refreshing beverage, the Raspberry Hibiscus Shrub, is perfect for warm weather!