Sparkling Hibiscus Shrubs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup hibiscus
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sparkling water or seltzer
- In a medium pot, combine the brown sugar, water hibiscus, cinnamon stick, and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and allow to boil until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain, reserving the liquid. Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.
- Mix the shrub with sparkling water to taste and serve cold.
Author: Eats Well With Others
Shrubs, otherwise known as drinking vinegars, are this summer's trendiest beverage! These sparkling hibiscus shrubs combine a concentrate of brown sugar, dried hibiscus and Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with sparkling water for the perfect mix of sweetness and acidity.