Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Mocktail
For the Shrub:
- 1 pound of sliced strawberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 2 cups Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
For the Mocktail:
- Sliced strawberries, optional
- Prepared strawberry pink peppercorn shrub
- Club soda
- In a large bowl combine the sliced strawberries and peppercorns with the sugar. Stir well and let this mixture sit, covered securely with a dishtowel, on your kitchen counter for 3 days. Stirring once a day.
- The mixture will become very juicy. After 3 days, strain the mixture into a measuring cup, discard the fruit and peppercorns, then combine the syrup with the Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar.
- Add 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of the mixture at a time then tasting before you add more so that you get a shrub that is just vinegar-y enough for you. Pour the shrub into a jar and store it in the fridge.
Author: This Mess is Ours