Strawberry, Rhubarb, Ginger and Green Peppercorn Shrub
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 (1 inch) thumbs of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp green peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cups Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Add all ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until fruit is very tender.
2. Let cool slightly, then strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing on the back of the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Let cool to room temperature then chill for at least 1 hour before using.