Asiago, Eggplant and Sweet Tomato Ratatouille
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 ounce grated Asiago cheese
- 1 pint sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Pompeian Burgundy Cooking Wine
- 1/4 cup Pompeian OlivExtra Plus
- 1/4 tsp. dried pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 2 medium, fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 8 ounces eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3 cups)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the Pompeian OlivExtra Plus in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook the peppers and onions 4 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring frequently. Add the eggplant and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Stir in the tomatoes and beans, and cook 3 minutes. Add the Pompeian Burgundy Cooking Wine, Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar, and pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Remove from heat, stir in the basil and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.