Bacon and Scallion Cloud Eggs
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 4 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 piece crispy bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, placing each yolk in an individual small bowl. Beat all of the egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Gently fold Parmesan, scallions, and bacon pieces into the beaten whites with a rubber spatula. Make 4 mounds of the egg mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Make a well in the middle of each mound with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the egg whites until they start to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. If the well has filled in during baking, use the spoon to recreate it. Gently slip a yolk into each well. Bake until the yolks are cooked but still runny, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.
Author: This Mess is Ours