Baked Crab Mac And Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. old bay seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) box medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 2 (12 oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt, more or less to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1 (8 oz) block shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded asiago/parmesan/romano blend, divided
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. old bay seasoning
- Fresh herbs and hot sauce as garnish, if desired
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Once hot, carefully pour in Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pompeian White Wine Vinegar, shallots, garlic, and 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 3-5 minutes, or until shallots have softened.
- Add in pasta, milk, broth, water, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking, stir in 3 tablespoons Pompeian White Wine Vinegar.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in half the white cheddar, half the mozzarella, and half the asiago blend.
- Once melted, gently stir in the crab.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish.
- Pour in the cooked mac and cheese and top with remaining cheeses.
- Top with panko and 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until panko is golden brown and the cheeses have melted.
- Serve with fresh herbs and hot sauce, if desired, and enjoy.
Author: Show Me The Yummy