Beef and Vegetable Lo Mein
- 8 oz. linguine or lo mein noodles
- 1/2 pound flank steak, sliced in thin strips
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons Pompeian OlivExtra California Select, plus 1 tablespoon for cooking
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium boil combine the beef, corn starch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons Pompeian OlivExtra California Select Oil. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon OlivExtra Oil in your wok until very hot but not smoking and add your beef. Sear the beef all over, 3-5 minutes, and remove from the wok. Set aside.
- Add the scallions, garlic and ginger to the wok and stir fry until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Add all the vegetables, except the snow peas, and stir-fry on high heat for 1 minute. Add the wine, noodles and beef, mix well, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Cover and cook for 1 minute more. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar and snow peas. Mix well and stir-fry for 1 minute or until hot and serve immediately.