Chicken Gyro Bowls
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 1 inch chunks
For the tomato cucumber salad:
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup sliced tomatoes
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup chickpeas
Other Bowl Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 slices pita bread
- Whisk together Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, basil, dill and salt.
- Pour half over chicken and reserve the other half for the tomato salad.
- Let chicken marinade at least a few hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Dump chicken onto prepared sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Mix together red onion, red pepper, green pepper, cucumber, tomato, Kalamata olives and chickpeas and toss with reserved marinade.
- Assemble the bowls with a scoop of quinoa, a scoop of chicken, a scoop of salad, a sprinkle of feta, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a side of pita.
Author: Show Me the Yummy