Chicken Gyro Bowls
For the Chicken:
- 2 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 1-inch chunks
For the Tomato Cucumber Salad:
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- Whisk together Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt. Pour half over chicken and reserve the other half for the tomato salad.
- Let chicken marinate at least a few hours. Pre-heat oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Dump chicken onto prepared sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Mix together red onion with the chickpeas and toss with the reserved marinade.
- Assemble the bowls with quinoa, a scoop of chicken, a scoop of salad, sprinkle of feta, dollop of Greek yogurt and a side of pita.
Author: Show Me The Yummy