Creamy Vegan Polenta with Mushrooms and Beans
- 1 cup yellow corn grits or cornmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- Pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add grits and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Alternatively, cook according to package directions.
- To the grits, add non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and turmeric. Stir; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm a greased medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and slightly browned. Add Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until vinegar has thickened.
- Add white beans and spinach; cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve bean and mushroom mixture over polenta. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Author: Emilie Eats