Easy Weeknight Pasta with Garlic, Red Pepper, and Herbs
- 1 pound dried pasta, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary and flat leaf Italian parsley
- Maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. Do not rinse pasta with water.
- Meanwhile heat the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until light brown and fragrant. Do not burn the garlic or else it will become bitter. Remove and discard the browned garlic.
- Add the red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the pasta and toss to coat in the flavored oil.
- Add the reserved pasta water and cook, stirring, to create a sauce, 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with the fresh herbs, lemon zest, Maldon sea salt and black pepper.
For us, pasta is the ultimate comfort food & today we are teaming up with our friends @pompeian to bring you one of our favorite easy week-night pasta dishes that hits the table in just about 20 minutes, but is also a great way to use up the extra herbs you have hanging out in your crisper drawer!
Source: This Mess Is Ours