Garlic Pasta with Asparagus
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 8 oz fresh asparagus cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Boil the pasta following the directions on the box, drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again.
2. In a large skillet heat the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add the asparagus. Saute 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
4. Add the pasta and toss well.
5. Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss well again.
6. Saute 2 minutes.
7. Serve immediately and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.