Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ pound raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups baby Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thick pieces
- ½ pineapple, cubed
- Add parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallot, jalapeno, minced garlic, and Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar to a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the bowl while whisking vigorously. Set aside while you assemble your skewers.
- Assemble your skewers by adding shrimp, mushrooms, bell pepper, and pineapple to metal or wooden skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before assembling.)
- Place your skewers into a pan where they can lay flat. Pour half of your chimichurri marinade over the skewers and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill over medium-high heat. Add your skewers, cover for 2-3 minutes. Flip skewers over and grill until shrimp are pink, and the veggies have char marks.
- Remove skewers and pour 1/4 of remaining chimichurri marinade over the skewers.
- Remove shrimp and veggies from skewers, squeeze lime over, and eat alone or with tortillas.
Author: Brewing Happiness