Grilled Swordfish with Eggplant-Tomato Relish
- 1 yellow onion sliced, 1/2-inch thick
- 8 ounces eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4, 6 oz. swordfish steaks or any firm, lean white fish, rinsed and patted dry
- 5 Tbsp. Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Brush 2 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides of eggplant and onion slices. Grill onions 1 minute on each side. Place eggplant on grill alongside onion, cook vegetables 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Allow to cool.
3. Increase grill to high heat. Brush both sides of fish with remaining 3 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook fish 3 minutes on each side or until opaque in center.
4. Meanwhile, chop eggplant and onions and combine with remaining relish ingredients. Serve over fish with lemon wedges.