Hearty Eggplant Pizza with Fresh Tomato Salad
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthways (4 thick slices)
- 1 tbsp Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Place the eggplant slices on a sheet pan and brush on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each slice with marinara sauce first, followed by the sliced garlic, zucchini and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden and the eggplant is tender.
- While the eggplant bakes combine cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Once the eggplant pizza is ready, spoon the tomatoes over each slice.
Author: The Daley Plate
Swapping out pizza crust for eggplant is an easy fix to lower carbs without sacrificing comfort.