Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- Pinch of cloves
- ¾ cup water or chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 pita breads
- ¼ cup hummus, tzatziki or Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, cinnamon, salt, cayenne and cloves.
- Rub all over the outside of the chicken thighs. Set aside.
- Into the Instant Pot, measure water, lemon juice and Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir.
- Add the chicken thighs in a single layer. The liquid will not cover the thighs fully.
- Set the pressure cooker (steam) function of your Instant Pot for 20 minutes. Be sure to consult your Instant Pot user manual to make sure you are setting it and using it correctly.
- When the 20 minute timer is over, remove chicken from Instant Pot. Remove bones from chicken. Use fork and knife to shred meat.
- Serve chicken with sliced cucumber, red onion, pita bread and sauce of your choice.
Author: Cook the Story