Kimchi Chickpea-Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup Japanese sweet potato, grated
- 3/4 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 Tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
For the Spicy-Sweet Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon chili paste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Prep and add all kimchi chickpea-potato pancake ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat and add the Pompeian Grapeseed Oil to the pan.
- Begin to form the batter into 8 equally-sized pancakes with your hands, compressing them and flattening them out.
- Carefully add 2-3 pancakes to the skillet at a time, using a metal spatula. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- When all pancakes are finished cooking, top with yogurt, scallions and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your spicy-sweet dipping sauce. Serve with your kimchi chickpea-potato pancakes.
Author: Brewing Happiness