Marinated Mushroom Pesto Pizza with Ricotta and Burrata
- 1 store-bought pizza dough, set at room temperature for 30 minutes
- ¼ cup store-bought pesto
- 2/3 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 ball burrata
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Lightly flour the pizza dough and baking sheet. Use a rolling pin to thinly roll out the dough to a 12-16" pizza.
- Spread pesto around the pizza, leaving a 1" border around the outside to be your crust. Dollop ricotta evenly around the pizza. Cut the burrata in half and place the halves, cut side up in the middle of the pizza.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, liquid aminos, dried basil, smoked paprika, and pepper to a small bowl and whisk together. Add sliced shiitake mushrooms to the bowl and toss until fully coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add in the mushrooms and all of the liquid. Toss constantly for 5-7 minutes until almost all of the liquid is evaporated.
- After 8 minutes, take pizza out of the oven, and spoon the marinated mushrooms onto the pizza. Put back in the oven for another 4-5 minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes, take your pizza out, top with fresh pepper, fresh basil and an extra drizzle of Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Slice into 6-8 pieces and serve.
Author: Brewing Happiness