Mediterranean-Spiced Egg and Yogurt Breakfast Skillet
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice
- 3-4 green chard leaves, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup full-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, diced
- 1 slice lemon, juiced
- 1-2 pieces whole wheat naan
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add in Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add in diced shallot and chickpeas. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon za'atar. Cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add thinly sliced green chard to the skillet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon za'atar and salt. Toss for 1 minute, or just until the chard turns dark green.
- Make three holes in the skillet for each of your eggs. Crack the eggs into each hole and cook on medium low for 5-7 minutes or until the whites are fully cooked.
- When the egg whites are nearly opaque - add in your yogurt. Add a big dollop around the whites of each egg.
- Take the skillet off the heat, sprinkle with diced herbs, squeeze a little lemon juice over the top and sprinkle pepper to taste. Serve with naan or alone
Author: Brewing Happiness