Mushroom Vegan Pot Pie
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 2 whole carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 pound Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Place potatoes and garlic in a deep skillet or a large saucepan and cover with water. Place pan on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery to the pan and cook an additional 5 -7 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and season skillet with salt, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Cook mushrooms until they begin to soften, or about 5 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable broth and flour, whisk. Pour broth mixture into the skillet along with Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add spinach; stir.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil , almond milk, and parsley. Mash mixture until you reach the desired consistency. Dollop potato mixture over the mushroom mixture.
- Turn oven to broil. Place skillet on a middle rack and broil for 5-7 minutes or until the top is golden.