One-Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Veggies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 5 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated
- 1 heaping cup (5 ounces) baby carrots, sliced in half
- 1 and 1/2 heaping cups (1/2 pound) baby red potatoes, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 head (1 heaping cup) broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve over quinoa
- Handful pumpkin or sesame seeds for garnish
- Chop the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt (to taste; I use 1/2 teaspoon) and pepper.
- Stir to combine and then take half of the seasoning mix and add to the chicken with two tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. With your fingers, toss the chicken, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon & seasoning mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes (while everything else is being prepped and cooking).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Halve the baby carrots lengthwise, halve the baby red potatoes (or quarter for large ones) and coarsely chop the onion.
- Place the carrots, red potatoes, and onion on the prepared sheet pan. Add another 2 tablespoons olive oil and most of the remaining seasoning mix (leave 1 teaspoon). Toss with your hands to generously coat everything and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the veggies and section them off to one half. Add the broccoli to the other half and toss with the last tablespoon of olive oil and last teaspoon of seasoning mix. Toss to coat and then toss the broccoli with the other veggies and section to one half of the tray.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and drain off ALL the liquid and add to sheet pan. Return to the oven and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken registers 165 degrees F and vegetables are to desired tenderness.
- Remove from the oven and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy immediately served over quinoa.
This amazing one-pan garlic parmesan chicken and veggies makes a great easy dinner or simple meal prep for the week.
Source: Chelsea’s Messy Apron