One Pan Mexican Pasta Skillet
- 1 16-ounce box whole-wheat pasta (any shape)
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 ear of corn, shucked (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
For the sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. When hot, add bell pepper and jalapeno; cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Add corn and garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes, until corn is slightly charred, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add black beans and diced tomatoes, with liquid. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Return the cooked pasta to the skillet; stir until ingredients are evenly combined.
- To the skillet, add all sauce ingredients. Stir to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired, and enjoy.
Author: Emilie Eats